- 2nd Years had their sports day on May 13. Great day for it!
- Great morning for C2S in Banagher College on May 10th. Cyclists came from Tullamore, Birr, Roscrea, Portumna, Cloghan, Banagher, and Meelick-Eyrecourt to participate actively in our Cycle To School Initiative. See more pictures here
- Well done to Loreto Kilkenny who now advance to the Leinster Minor A Camogie Final. Hard luck to the Banagher College girls, great achievement to reach a Leinster A Semi Final.
Banagher College Team Selection:
- Sports Day, for Third Years, Friday May 10th from Class 1 to Class 4. Bainigí taitneamh as.
- Banagher College Cycle 2 School took place on Friday May 10th. All cyclists assembled and were ready to leave from St. Rynagh’s Hurling Club car park @ 8-30 am.
- Our 1B and 1C classes were guests of Coláiste Choilm Tullamore on May 9th in their World Record attempt to exceed the 792 Wellies thrown by The Holsworthy & Stratton Show 2018. With proceeds going to Offaly Hospice, today’s gathering threw 798 Wellies and details will now be verified.
- Our First Year Ladies Footballers travelled to Kilbeggan on May 7th for a Developmental Blitz.
- Best of luck to our TY Student Kelan Rigney who again lines out at full back on the Offaly Minor Hurling team which will face Dublin in Parnell Park at 2pm on Sat 4th. Kelan will have the onerous task of marking Dublin’s top goal scorer and dual player Luke Swan.
- Well done to our Minor Camogie team who defeated St Mary’s New Ross in the Leinster Minor A Quarter Final in Galmoy today to qualify for a Semi Final v Loreto Kilkenny.
- Well done to our 3 students, Callum Flannery(0-3), Barry Connolly & Jacob Mahon who played with Offaly in the Celtic Challenge Rd 1 v Laois on May 2nd.
- Lidl U14 Ladies Football Blitz was played on Tuesday 30th April. Bccns 3:1(10) Colaiste Iosagain, Portlarigton 3:4(13) Colaiste Iosagain, Portlarigton win by 3 points.
A special thank-you to Minister @McHughJoeTD & family for joining us at the @laoisoffalyetb staff/family run/walk event at our Centre in Mount Lucas earlier. @dfet_loetb takes the Minister through our new FET prospectus. @SOLASFET #loetb pic.twitter.com/6N1hzc3mD7
— Joe Cunningham (@ce_loetb) April 19, 2019
— @BanagherCollege (@BanagherCollege) April 15, 2019
Two happy boyos! The main men behind today's North Leinster Juvenile win in Birr,Mr Stephen Lonergan (Birr) and Mr John Grogan (Kilcormac Killoughey). Well done lads and good luck to ye in The Leinster Final after Easter. pic.twitter.com/2IMhNllqOn
— @BanagherCollege (@BanagherCollege) April 12, 2019
The winning Banagher College Panel in today’s North Leinster Juvenile B hurling Final in St Brendan’s Park Birr. Well done everyone!
Full time Banagher College: 5-10(25) Heywood CS: 4-11(23) Super win
U-14 LIDL Leinster Ladies Football Blitz took place in Kinnegad on April 11th with two Banagher College teams partaking. Well done to Banagher College Team 1 who qualified for the next round on Tuesday April 30th. Well done to Banagher College Team 2 who performed very well, winning one of their two games.
- Leinster Minor A Camogie Championship Roundd 2: Full Time Banagher College: 4-7(19) Presentation SS Kilkenny: 10-6(36)
- Leinster A Minor Camogie Championship Round 1: Banagher College v Birr CS in Banagher College at 1.45pm on Thursday March 7th. Referee : Kieran Dooley. Full time score Banagher College: 7-11(32) Birr CS: 6-7(25).
North Leinster Juvenile Hurling B Round 2: Banagher College v Naas CBS in Naas Thursday March 7th at 1pm. Full time score: Banagher College 1:8(11) Naas cbs 1:9(12) Naas cbs win by 1 point.
- 2 Offaly Camogie stars,Michaela and Jean were at our TY Boccia class in Banagher College on February 27th.
- well done to our Juvenile Hurlers who played Coláiste Choilm Tullamore in their first game in this year’s Leinster Juvenile B Championship in Banagher College at 12.30pm on February 26th. Full time score: Banagher College 3-11 (20) Coláiste Choilm 2-12 (18)
- Congratulations to Leaving Cert Student Amy Byrne Lusmagh, who captains Offaly Minor Cshp Camogie team v Antrim in Kilcormac at 2pm Sat 23rd. Best wishes to all our pupils involved.
- Banagher College PE Teacher ,Mr Lonergan, delving into the Offaly Player Pathway and talking through strength and conditioning with the Underage Coaches in his own club Birr GAA.
- Our Minor Camogie team had their first outing of the year with a challenge game v Coláiste Naomh Cormac on February 11th in Banagher College.
Banagher College U-14 Girls Badminton team and boys Badminton team played in Offaly championships on February 7th in Tullamore College
- Well done to our U19 boys who competed in the Leinster Finals in Baldoyle Badminton Centre Dublin recently. A 6-0 win over Enniscorthy and a 4-2 defeat to De La Salle Churchtown was unfortunately not enough to see them through to the final. Well done though lads.
- Heartiest Congratulations to Banagher College Fifth year Student Sinainn Glynn from Lusmagh on winning the Offaly Express Sports Star 2018. What an amazing achievement for Sinainn! Read more here
- Banagher College U-15 soccer team will compete in the West Leinster Final on Wednesday 23rd January at 11.30 in Gainestown, Mullingar against Mercy, Ballymahon. The Banagher team reached the final on the back of 2 wins and 2 draws in the group stage, including a 3-3 draw against today’s opponents. Final score: Banagher College 2-2 Ballymahon ( Ballymahon Win 3-2 on penalties)
- Multi Sports Fundraiser for TY Young Innovators Team €2 per person. First Years: 1A-1D Class 4 Wednesday 23rd 1B-1C Class 5 Wednesday 23rd. 2nd Years: 2A-2D Class 6 Thursday 24th 2B-2C Class 5 Thursday 24th.
- Hard luck to the three U-16 Badminton teams who didn’t make it through to the Leinster finals in Birr on January 15th, but who put on some fabulous displays and represented the school excellently.
- Well done to the U-19 girls who also took part in the Offaly Schools Badminton Championships with some nice wins over Tullamore and Clara.
- Our U-19 Boys came 2nd to Killina in the Offaly Schools Badminton Championships in Banagher College and are through to the U-19 schools Badminton Leinster finals in Dublin on January 24th.
- U-15 soccer: The late equaliser that claimed a share of the points against Ballymahon on Thursday, maintained the team’s unbeaten run and leaves them in a strong position to claim a place in the West Leinster final. Final score: Mercy, Ballymahon 3- 3 Banagher College FT (late equaliser came from a Ciaran Daly header)
- Sen Camogie, Leinster A Cshp: Full time Banagher College: 10-8(38) St Joseph’s Rochfortbridge: 2-9(15) played on Thursday.
- Click here to see match report from the Senior Hurling match against Naas CBS on 03/12/18
- On 5th December our U-15 Soccer team played in the West Leinster: Banagher College 3 – 0 Mullingar C.C. Full time. This is Banagher’s third match of four following on from a 4-0 victory against Clara and a 2-2 draw against Kilbeggan.
- See match report from games against Clara and Kilbeggan.
- On 27th November, Banagher College played in the Leinster B Senior Hurling championship. Final score: Banagher College 0:20(20), Naas CBS 2:15(21) Naas CBS win by 1 point.
- West Leinster U-15 Soccer played on 23rd November. Full time score: Banagher College 2-2 Kilbeggan.
- After their 4-0 away victory against Clara, Banagher College’s U-15 soccer team will play Mercy Ballymahon on Wednesday 28th November in the second of their four group games in the West Leinster League.
- Top Oil Leinster Senior B Hurling Championship Result: Banagher College 0:17 (17), Coláiste Mhuire Mullingar 2:17 (23). Hard luck. Next game against Naas CBS on Tuesday November 27th at home is now a knockout game.
- First Year Schools Camogie Blitz on Wed 14th at St Rynaghs Pitch starting at 10.30am. 15 teams from 9 schools are participating.
- Top Oil North Leinster Junior B Hurling Semi Finaltook place in Banagher College v Coláiste Mhuire Mullingar in Banagher College at 1.30pm on Tuesday November 13th. Final score: BCCNS 3:13(22) Mullingar CBS 3:16(25). Click here to see match report
Senior Ladies Football
- Banagher Senior Ladies played St. Brigid’s College Callan on Wednesday 24th October. Final score: Banagher College 2:5(11) St Brigid’s College Callan 3:6(15). Hard luck ladies! Read match report here
- Kieran Clancy, Cormac Butler & Paddy Mahon participated in the Leinster Junior Schools Golf Championship in Athy Golf Club on Wednesday 17th October. Well done!
Juvenille Boys Football
- Banagher College played Killina Secondary School on Thursday 25th October in the North Leinster Juvenile Boys Football competition. Final result: Banagher College 9-8(35) Killina Secondary School 2-1(7). Congratulations lads!
- Our Juvenile Footballers played Gallen CS Ferbane in Banagher College in the North Leinster Juvenile League on Thursday 18th October.
Result : Banagher College 2-1(7) -Gallen CS Ferbane 3-12(21)
Junior Ladies Football
- South Leinster Junior D Ladies Gaelic Football Championship was played on 8th October in Edenderry. Banagher College 6-1 Oaklands Community College Edenderry 2-9. Well done girls, great win after a very close & exciting game in Edenderry.
- Top Oil North Leinster Junior Hurling B Round 3: Banagher College v Coláiste Choilm Tullamore in Banagher College on Friday 26th October. Banagher College have beaten Heywood C.S and secured a draw against Mullingar CBS, so far.
- Match Report on the Top Oil North Leinster Junior B Hurling win over Coláiste Mhuire Mullingar on Thursday last October 4th in Mullingar
- 4th October: Top Oil North Leinster Junior Hurling Round 2 Result: Banagher College 3:10(19) Coláiste Mhuire Mullingar 2:13(19) Well done lads. Next game is at home v Coláiste Choilm Tullamore.
- Well done to our 1st year Boys and Girls who took part in the Offaly Schools Invitational Cross Country Race at Tullamore Harriers on 3rd October.
- Congratulations to the 2 girls & 4 boys who finished in the top 20 & are subs to represent Offaly Friday night in the Inter County C C Race.
Banagher College played Birr CS Leinster Junior A Camogie First Round on October 3rd.
1st Year Football
Our 1st Year Boys Gaelic Footballers competing in today’s Br. Hubert Blitz at the Faithful Fields in Kilcormac on 2nd October.
Congratulations to all the athletes who represented the school yesterday at the County Sports in the Harriers Tullamore also Mr Lonergan, Ms Kilkenny and everybody that assisted, students plus teachers.
Special word of congratulations to the Intermediate team on winning their category. Well done to all.
Leinster Senior A Colleges Camogie Fixtures posted below. First games in group 2 due to be played this week, by September 22nd.
Leinster Junior A Colleges Camogie Fixtures. First games due to be played next week,by September 29th.
Thanks to Coláiste Phobail Ros Cré for two Camogie Challenge games on 11th September at Senior and Junior Level.
Top Oil North Leinster Juvenile B Semi Final Result :Mountrath CS 1-22 Banagher College 2-8. Hard luck lads.
Minor Camogie Leinster B Semi Final: Banagher College v Coláiste Mhuire Johnstown Co Kilkenny in Banagher College at 1.15pm. Full time score- Banagher College : 4-9(21) Coláiste Mhuire Johnstown : 1-5(8)
Boxing: Best of luck to our three students, Labhaoise Glynn , Sinainn Glynn and Clodagh O’Meara who have all qualified to compete in the All Ireland Finals in their respective weight divisions.
Congratulations to Labhaoise Glynn Lusmagh on winning the Schoolgirls Cadets National title at the weekend. Labhaoise has now qualified to represent Ireland in Bulgaria in May. A fantastic achievement , well done.
Well done to TY Student Chloe Reilly who played with Galway in the All Ireland Minor A Camogie Final on Sat 28th v Cork in Nenagh.
First Year Boys Football League Semi Final in Ashbourne, Result : Banagher College 3-5. De Lacey College Ashbourne 5-6 Hard luck boys.
Hard luck to our U-14 Ladies Footballers who lost out in the Leinster Blitz in Portlaoise today.
Well done to our U-14 Ladies Footballers who bt Our Lady’s Bower 3-3 to 0-1 in Kinnegad & qualified for next Blitz on Tuesday April 24th.
Banagher College Juvenile Hurling team played Heywood CS in the North Leinster B Quarter Final in Banagher College.
Congrats to past pupil, Mark Boylan, on being nominated for ‘Sports Writer of the Year’ at the 2018 National Student Media Awards for his work with the Racing Post. Best of luck to Mark at the Aviva Stadium representing the University of Limerick.
Some of our students competed in the U-14 Leinster Badminton Championships today.
1st Yr Leinster Gaelic Football League Result: Banagher College 11-5 Ardscoil Phádraig Granard 1-6. Well done boys.
Well done to our Minor Camogie Team who scored their second win in the Leinster Minor B Championship today. Next game v Castlecomer CS away.
Minor Camogie Leinster Championship: Banagher College played Coláiste Mhuire Johnstown in Banagher on Monday 26th February. Full time score Banagher College 6-03, Coláiste Mhuire Johnstown 3-00.
U14 Ladies Football: Banagher College played Fallen CS Forbade in a challenge game on 23 February.
U17 Soccer West Leinster Final: Banagher College played Ard Scoil Chiaráin Naofa, Clara on 22 February. Final score Ard Scoil Chiaráin Naofa 2-1 Banagher College. On the 8th February they played Strokestown, winning 5-1.
Juvenile Badminton Championships: On the 22nd February some of players participated in the tournament that took place in Banagher College.
Juvenile Hurling: Banagher College played Mullingar CBS in the North Leinster B Championship on 21 February. Score Banagher College 2-7, Mullingar CBS 2-10.
Camogie: Congratulations to Louise Manion who is joint Offaly Minor captain 2018. She has already captained Banagher College to win both the Junior C and the Junior B Colleges Leinster Finals.
1st Year Hurling: Our students played a challenge game against St. Raphael Loughrea on 5th Feb in Banagher.
Hurling: Top Oil Leinster PP School SH “B” Rest of Leinster Semi Final today. Venue was Jenkintown, Co. Kilkenny against St. Mary’s CBS Enniscorthy. Full time score Banagher College: 1-05, St. Mary’s Enniscorthy 0-13. Hard luck Banagher! Thanks very much to Mr. Jordan and Mr. Whelan for their work during the year.
Hurling: Thanks very much to St. Raphael Loughrea for travelling over for a very useful Juvenile Hurling Challenge on 30th January.
Soccer: U15 boys played St. Finning, Mullingar in the Soccer West Leinster Semi-Final Banagher 0-2 St Finnians. https://twitter.com/BanagherCollege
Football: The Junior Footballers participated in a Blitz in St. Lomans, Mullingar with their coaches Mr. Boyle and Mr. Shanahan.
Cross Country: Some great results from the South Leinster Cross Country Running Event in New Ross on the 24th January. Well done to everybody involved. https://twitter.com/BanagherCollege/status/956149723571814402
Some Girls' Results from the South Leinster Cross Country running in New Ross today. pic.twitter.com/0SiqSKLcTs
— @BanagherCollege (@BanagherCollege) January 24, 2018
Badminton: Our U16 Boys and Girls competed in competitions in Banagher on Jan 18th. Well done to all involved.
Camogie: HurlingOur Junior Camogie team played Loreto Kilkenny in Banagher College.
Hard luck to our hurlers in the Leinster Junior Hurling B Championship against Mullingar CBS. Final score: Banagher College 3-12 Mullingar CBS 2-17.
Hard luck to our Junior Hurlers who played against Naas CBS today.
Hard luck to our Junior Hurling team who were beaten 5-12 to 5-06 by Colaiste Choilm in Tullamore.