The theme for Geography week is:
There are a few activities running throughout the week to mark the occasion such as:
1. A daily Riddles Competition in which both students and staff have taken part
2. An Art competition to design a poster that represents the Geo Week 2020 theme Celebrating Geography
3. A Photography competition with three categories (a)Celebrating Geography in my 5km, b)Green Living (recycling, composting, doing something encouraging / promoting Green Living) and (c)Earth Love (open to student interpretation)
Monday’s Geo Riddle:
I have seas without water. I have forests without trees. I have deserts without sand. I have houses without bricks. What am I?
Tuesday’s Geo Riddle:
What is the fastest country in the world?
Wednesday’s Geo Riddle:
What is smarter, longitude or latitude?
- A Life on Our Planet
- The Impossible (2004 Indian Ocean tsunami)
- Will Ireland Survive 2050?
- RTÉ Investigates: Between a Rock and a Hard Place