Download our PowerPoint presentation CAO 2019 as PDF file
LEAVING CERT STUDENTS SHOULD NOW BE APPLYING TO THE C.A.O.
- STEP 1. WWW.CAO.IE
- STEP 2. FILL IN YOUR PERSONAL DETAILS.
- STEP 3. PAY THE FEE OF 30 EURO BY BANK GIRO/CREDIT/LASER CARD.
- STEP 4. PRINT YOUR C.A.O. NUMBER.
- STEP 5. COMPLETE YOUR LIST OF COURSE CHOICES LEVEL 6/7 AND LEVEL 8
- STEP 6. COMPLETE SECTION ON DARE/HEAR IF APPLIES.
CONSULT OR MAKE AN APPOINTMENT WITH US WHENEVER YOU WISH.
L. KINAHAN & C. KENNY
Guidelines on completing the C.A.O. form
Before you start to complete the form please ensure you have completed the bank giro form and presented it to the bank with 30 euro before January 20th (the fee is 40 euro after this date).
- Type in www.cao.ie
- Click on Enter Site.
- Click on Apply if you are a first time user. Once your account is set up click on My Application.
- Read through the instructions and then click on Proceed with application.
- Fill in your personal details carefully especially your date of birth.
- Do not overlook the Disability/Specific Learning Difficulty section.If in doubt make sure and consult your guidance counsellor.
- Please complete the HEAR/DARE section if it applies to you. Consult your Guidance Counsellor for more information on these.
- Do not enter an e-mail address unless you use it regularly.
- In the Qualifications & Assessment Section tick no. 1.
- In the Payments Section tick the method in which you choose to pay. If you pay by bank giro type in the bar code on the giro and the name and address of the bank in which the bank giro was paid and the date it was paid. Tick the box stating your application fee has been paid.
- Tick the Terms & Conditions section.
- If you wish to password protect your account be sure that it is a password you will remember.
- Click Proceed with application.
- At this point you will be given your CAO application number. Make sure and PRINT this for your records.
- Check over your personal details to ensure they are correct.
- You will now have to log in using your NEW CAO number.
- You will now have to fill in your second level education to date. Please ensure that you fill in BANAGHER COLLEGE and the address and the dates you attended the school. If you attended another second level school prior to this you must give those details and the years attended.
- Tick 2012 Leaving Certificate.
- If you are repeating you must enter the year you did your leaving cert and your exam number for that year.
- Enter your course choices. Be careful to put your course choices in the proper place i.e. Level 6 & Level 7 courses together and Level 8 in their own column.
- Check that you have entered the correct courses.
- Save your application.