- Reminder to our Leaving Cert and LCA students. **Laois Offaly ETB will give a talk on Tuesday 5th March on PLC courses they have on offer in Offaly** This is a worthwhile talk for all students as an option after leaving school.
- DATS career interest test will be administered to all 3rd years on Friday March 1st by the Guidance Counsellors.
- CAO applicants may amend their course choices from today until March 1st, but before making changes, consider whether the apprenticeship route may be best for you in order to work with a company and gain real-world experience. See more
CAO DEADLINE Fri. Feb 1st
1. Complete Lev 8 and Lev 6&7 courses in ORDER OF PREFERENCE, choice 1 being the place you want to go followed by No 2,3 etc. Research V important.
2. Tick Exemptions, SUSI (grant), HEAR and DARE.
3. Talk to Guidance Counsellor
Thanks to all the Parents and children who attended tonight’s Open Night in Banagher College.
Reminder to Leaving Certs:
- You should now be researching Scholarships in your chosen colleges for both sport and academic ability. Some scholarship dates are closing soon. Check the relevant college website for further details.
- Check out this article: CAO: The dos and don’ts to help guide your child’s choice
- DARE and HEAR application information seminar in AIT main building this Saturday 19th January from 10am–2pm. Full details on http://www.accesscollege.ie
- NUIG Accommodation 2019 – NUIG have given the week of Feb 18th (our mid-term break) as the week that their on campus accommodation will open for bookings. It is on a first come first served basis so watch the NUI Galway website for updated information if you are interested.
- 2019 ESB Apprenticeships – The ESB is expected to open applications for apprentices again in late January / early February 2019. Once open, interested candidates will be able to apply through the ESB website. Please contact your Guidance Counsellor for more details.
- Check out this article: CAO advice for parents: Connect with your children and talk to them about their passions, not their points.
- College Accommodation* It is now time to consider students accommodation needs. It is important for students, and their families, to begin this process in early January in order to maximise their chances of securing safe and affordable accommodation – preparation is key