22nd – 26th May
- 2A Geography trip on Tuesday with Ms. Corley.
- Graduation Mass takes place on Wednesday.
- TY Awards night on Thursday.
15th – 19th May
Mental Health Week in Banagher College
- Monday- Free Tea and Talk at lunchtime
- Tuesday- All Day Cyclathon and Healthy Food To Boost Your Mood at break time.
- TY interviews taking place this week.
- LCA2 English Oral on Monday.
- 3rd Year History Quiz on Monday afternoon.
- LCA2 Irish Oral takes place on Thursday.
- Some TY students will be taking part in Rowing on Thursday.
- 1st Year Cáirde trip with their 5th Year Cáirde’s on Friday to Tayto Park.
- TY trip to Lough Key Forrest Park on Friday.
8th – 12th May
- 1st year sports day on Monday.
- LC1 Ecology trip to Lough Boora with Ms Dempsey on Monday.
- Leinster Minor B Camogie Semi Final on Monday.
- Periods 3 and 4 on Monday- Garda Talk for TY students.
- On Wednesday Leaving Cert Students will have their Ag Science Interviews.
- LCA 2 Office Administration & Customer Care Module Practical Exam on Wednesday.
- On Thursday Sodexo will hold a Charity Bake Sale in the school.
TY Geography Field trip to Mount Lucas on Friday. A number of 5th Year students will also attend.
2nd – 5th May
- Ciarán is in Croke Park with his Easy Tag System and all ready for judging in the Enterprise Finals. Best of luck Ciarán!
- Junior Cert Art Practical and Junior Cert Metalwork Practical on Wednesday.
- On Tuesday TY3 group are travelling to Athlone for a drama festival.
- Leaving Certificate Link Modules State Exam will take place on Wednesday from 10.00am – 12.30pm.
- 1st Year Girls and 1st Year Boys HPV (Phase 2) and Men C Vaccinations on Thursday.
- TY Lourdes Fund- Master Make Up Session on Friday night.
- TY’s going to Mount Lucas Wind Farm and AIT Cookery School on Friday.
- Pieta House- Darkness into Light on Friday night.
- TY Tour to Italy from 25th – 28th April.
- U14 Ladies Football blitz on Tuesday 25th.
- On Wednesday 26th, LCI’s travelled to Castletown for a retreat.
3rd – 7th April
- Best of luck to the TY group who leave on their Euroscola trip to Strasbourg on Wednesday night and will be in the European Parliament on Friday. Here is the link to the webstreaming of the Euroscola day on Friday http://www..europarl.europa.eu/ep-live/fr/other-events/schedule …
- Our Juvenile Hurlers will travel to Durrow Co Laois on Wednesday 5th to take on Kilkenny CBS at 1.30pm.
- JCSP Make A Book Trip in The Heritage Hotel, Portlaoise yesterday.
- Leaving Cert Irish Orals this week. Best of luck to all students.
- TY Boccia League final on Tuesday. TY Co-Ordinator Mr Nolan with the Boccia Final winners. Final Score: Banagher 6, IWA 5. Mr Jordan presents Team Becky with their prizes.
- A skills course on Wednesday class 1 and 2 for some TY students and first years.
- TY John Paul II students going to Knock on Wednesday leaving at 8am.
- TY trip to Strasbourg leaving on Thursday. .
- LC 1 LCVP students are holding a DVD afternoon for First Years on Friday.
27th – 31st March
- TY School Bank launch on Monday. Joe Canning attended for the big event. Well done to all involved.
Our TY Bank Of Ireland Team & Teachers with Special Guest Joe Canning at Monday’s launch.
- On Tuesday TY Boccia League class peiods 7-9.
- U14 Ladies Football Blitz on Tuesday.
- TY GAA Skills on Wednesday periods 1 &2.
- Junior Cert Music Practicals, Junior Cert Home Economics Practicals and German Orals on Thursday. Best of luck to all students.
- Make a Book trip to Portlaoise on Thursday.
- Juvenille Hurling v Terenure College on Thursday.
- Leaving Cert Music Practicals and Junior Cert Home Economics Practicals on Friday.
20th – 24th March
- First Year Art Class trip to Limerick on Tuesday.
- Banagher College Minor Camogie Team played St Brigids Callan in the Leinster Minor B Championship in Banagher on Tuesday. Full time score: Banagher College : 3-10(19) St Brigids Callan : 2-3(9)
- Programme and subject choice evening on Tuesday at 7.30pm.
- TY’s participating in Boccia league on Tuesday afternoon.
- TY GAA skills on Wednesday.
- Rehearsal day for Junior Cert Home Economics Practical.
- On Thursday the TY’s will have a talk on Social Media use from 10.35am – 12.00pm.
- TY’s will be fundraising for Daffodil Day on Friday.
13th – 17th March
- Our 3 Irish Angus boys had a great day in Croke Park on Wednesday & excelled during the interviews. Results will be announced during the next two weeks.
- U16 Camogie Table Quiz at 7.30pm on Tuesday.
- Junior Cert French Orals- Ms. Flynn’s Class and LC1 German Mock Oral on Monday 13th March.
- TY Boccia League, Periods 7-9 on Tuesday
- Junior Cert French and German Orals on Wednesday.
- TY Angus Competition in Croke Park on Wednesday.
- TY GAA Period 1 & 2.
- LVCP Talk on Thursday from 11.50 – 1.05pm.
6th – 10th March
- TY1 & TY2 event with the Wheelchair Association on Monday morning.
- First Year Soccer final against Strokestown on Monday.
- TY’s will sit their Microsoft Office Exams on Tuesday in PowerPoint.
- On Wednesday Jacob Noyce and Corey Killeen will participate in the Midlands Undercover Challenge for Midlands 103 Radio. It will involve a recording session.
- TY GAA Skills on Wednesday.
- On Thursday TY Enterprise competition will be held in Tullamore. 15 Students will attend.
- Some of our TYs are attended the Games Fleadh in LIT Tipperary in Thurles on Wednesday.
- Our TYs organised a Bubble Soccer Day in the School Hall on Wednesday to raise funds for their upcoming trip to Strasbourg before Easter.
27th February- 3rd March
- All 5th Year Link Modules Students are on Work Experience this week.
- Our Juvenile Hurlers played St Fintan’s Sutton Co Dublin at 12.30pm in Ratheniska Co Laois on Tuesday in the Leinster Championship. Full time result: St Fintan’s Sutton 3-10 Banagher College 2-2.
- Module 3 begins for TY students this week.
- TY Social Dancing on Tuesday from 1.35 am -1.05 pm.
- TY GAA Skills on Wednesday afternoon.
13th – 17th February
- Well done to our Junior Camogie Team who played in the All Ireland Semi-Final V Claregalway in Carnmore on Friday at 12pm. Full Time Score Banagher College: 2-7(13) Claregalway: 0-6(6)
- 1st Year soccer Leinster Cup Final Score: O’ Connells, Dublin 4 – 3
#schoolsgoorange Schools go Orange Day on Friday in Banagher College on Friday 17th. Events & Giveaways all day. It’s ok not to feel ok!
- 40 of our TY Students are attending a Medical Exhibition in Griffith College Dublin on Thursday.
- TY Cake Sale on Valentines Day at lunchtime. Proceeds towards The Lourdes Fund.
- Leaving and Junior Cert Mock Exams this week. Best of luck to all sitting exams.
- Well done to students on the Meelick Eyrecourt Scór team who came 13th in the All Ireland Scór in Belfast on Saturday 11th February.
- Mr Shanahan is running a Pool tournament. First round games have commenced- 50 team single elimination.
- TY Social Dancing Period 3-6 on Tuesday.
- LC1 Ag Science Trip to Gurteen College on Tuesday from class 1 until lunch time.
- LC1 Visit in on Wednesday from Mark Cullen, Health and Safety Authority.
- TY trip to Griffith College on Wednesday
- TY Online Banking information session on Thursday period 3 & 4.
- Banagher College U-14 Boys Team competing at Leinster Badminton competition in Dublin on Thursday. Best of luck boys.
6th – 10th February
- Irish Angus Awareness Week in Banagher College this week. Many activities and tasty dishes taking place. Ms Bassett and her Angus Beef students prepared a lovely meal for the staff on Thursday.
- Hard luck to First Year Soccer against Strokestown on Friday. Full time score Strokestown 4-1 Banagher College.
- Offaly first year hurling league result Banagher College 2-19, Col Choilm Tullamore 3-8. Hard luck!
- Parent Teacher Meetings on Wednesday 8th February. Second Yrs from 9.15- 11.45am, Transition Yr, Leaving Cert Applied 1 and Leaving Cert Year 1 from 12.45-3.15pm. Students to accompany their parents, be in full uniform, arrive and leave with their parents. Supervised study will be available for 3rd and Leaving Cert 2 students.
- Supervised study available during the Mid-Term Break if there is sufficient demand. Please contact Mr. Jordan if interested.
- TY’s Swimming Monday afternoon in Birr.
- Tuesday, Ty’s Social Dancing periods 3-6.
- 1st Year Hurling match against Tullamore in Banagher on Tuesday at 11am.
- Parents Association Meeting on Wednesday at 8.30pm.
- Juvenille Hurling V Birr on Thursday at 12.00 in Birr.
30th January- 3rd February
- First Year Enrolment on Thursday at 7.30pm and Saturday at 10.00am.
- Congratulations to the Junior Camogie team on their victory in the Leinster Final on Saturday V Presentation Wexford in Galmoy. Fantastic all round performance. Full Time Score Banagher College: 4-8(20) Presentation School Wexford: 1-3(6)
- TY Swimming on Monday afternooon in Birr.
- U14 Badminton competition on Tuesday.
- LCA 2 Woodwork Task Examiner Interviewsw on Monday.
- LCA 1 General Education Task Examiner Interview on Monday.
- LC2 Link Module Interviews on Wednesday and Thursday.
- Junior Cross Country Event, 1st and 2nd Years- Stradbally, Co. Laois.
23rd – 29th January
- Open Night 7.30pm- All welcome.
- Social Dancing for TY’s on Tuesday in St. Rynaghs College of Further Education.
- Junior Camogie game V Roscrea at 2.30pm in Banagher.
- West Leinster First Yr Soccer League Result: Banagher College 9 Templemichael 4. Well done First Years, impressive display.
- First year Hurling match at 12.00pm in the school pitch. Full time score: Banagher College 4-8 Killina Secondary School 3-4
16th- 22nd January
- TY Swimming starts this week for 4 weeks in Birr swimming pool.
- Camogie semi-final v Borris on Tuesday at 12pm in Banagher.
- TY concert in Ul for Cycle Against Suicide on Wednesday 18th.
- Junior Boys football match in Ferbane on Thursday.
- On Friday Senior Hurling V Roscrea in Banagher.
9th – 15th January
- €1,200 raised for the Talent Competition. Well done to everybody involved.
- TY Dance classes commencing this week on Tuesday from 10.35-12.30pm.
- TY School Bank training day on Wednesday for students on the bank team.
- U19 Badminton competition on Thursday
- Hurbert Plate Final in Ferbane- 1st Year Boys
- Comhairle na nÓg talk for all TY’s on Friday
- Hard luck to Offaly Schools hurlers who exited the Senior A Colleges Championship on 7th January. Final result: Dublin North 1-11 Offaly 0-13.
- Our Christmas Talent Show 2016.All of the winners with their prizes.
19th – 23rd December
- Our LC1s will received their Gaisce Awards on Monday. Well done to all.
- Our Internal Christmas Exams begin on Monday for our Non Exam classes.
12th – 18th December
- 1st Yr, Table Quiz was held on Friday and all proceeds went to Banagher Social Services, St. Vincent de Paul and the BCCNS Community Fund.
Some of the Cast of our Christmas Pantomime “Rapunzel” which took place on Wed 14th & Thurs 15th.
This year we had a very strong cast of talented students involved in ‘Rapunzel’. Mr. Jared Madden was Producer. It was a great show with lots of laughs, good drama and catchy songs.
A beautiful colourful set has been built for the show by teachers and students from the woodwork and art departments.
A very successful and fantastic show. Well done to all involved.
Our Christmas Carol Singers singing outside Supervalu.
We are proud to highlight the diverse uptake of 3rd level courses/colleges of our past students from Banagher College.Their future is bright
- 1st year Business students. Worthy winners of “Our Financial Life Cycle” Poster Competition.
- Carol singing in Eliza Lodge Nursing Home on Tuesday afternoon
- UCAS Speaker to all 5th Years and some 6th Years on Tuesday afternoon.
- TY Panto- Matinee on Wednesday afternoon, Wednesday night and Thursday night.
- 1st Year Quiz on Friday afternoon.
- Drive For Life- on Friday, involving 35 students
- Carol singing for St. Vincent De Paul In Supervalu on Friday afternoon
5th – 11th December
- Parent Teacher Meeting for all Junior Certificate students on Wednesday from 4-6.30pm.
- Senior Camogie: Banagher College v St Mary’s New Ross in Galmoy Co Kilkenny tomorrow Tues 6th.
- Banagher College Students – School Digital Champions’ on a day’s training at NUI Galway learning new digital skills.
- Top Oil Leinster P P Schools B Hurling:Banagher College v Col Choilm Tullamore at 11.00am last Friday on St Rynaghs Pitch (Ref Simon Whelehan). Full time score Banagher 3:14 Col Choilm 4:11
28th November-4th December
- Parent teacher meeting for Leaving Certificate and LCA 2 students on Thursday from 4.00-6.30pm
- Last year’s Leaving Cert Pupil Mark Boylan has his first column in today’s The Irish Field visiting the Willie Mullins team! Well done Mark
COLLEGE AWARENESS WEEK.
Thought for today: “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” (Albert Einstein)
- Well done to Greg Healy , whose 1916 Poster was Highly Commended in the Euroscola Competition, great achievement.
- Well done to our TYs competing in the Final of The Library Quiz in Tullamore Library on Thursday. A fantastic morning.
- Juvenile Boys Football Blitz in Clara on Friday. Result of Second game:Clara 1-6 Banagher 1-2, a dogged performance against the eventual winners.
- Congratulations to our Credit Union Art winners: Sarah and Grainne’s art work are gone forward to the Chapter Finals.
- First Year boys Football Blitz in Ferbane today.Result of 4th game,Banagher College 5-4 Moate CS 1-2. They are now into Final.
- 5 of our TYs(Luke,Daniel,James,Dearbhla & Irla) are attending a Comhairle na nÓg workshop on Youth Government in The County Arms Birr on Wednesday.
- Well done to the TY team of Shane Kearns, Jordan Dunican, Eimear Brogan & Muireann Nolan on winning our TY School Quiz.
- CAO Information Night on Tuesday 22 November 2016 at 7.30pm
- Best wishes to our 6 entries in the Doodle4Google Comp,Grainne Malone, Martha McMahon, Maire Claire Fogarty, Sarah Pearl, Ellie Corcoran, Katie Butler.
- Our First Year boys are playing in a Gaelic Football Blitz in Ferbane on Tuesday. Result of Third game: Banagher College 3-1 Gallen CS 0-1.
- Our First Year boys are playing in a Gaelic Football Blitz in Ferbane today. Result of Second game: Banagher College 2-4 Mercy Kilbeggan 1-3.
- Our First Year boys are playing in a Football Blitz in Ferbane today.Result of First game: Banagher College 1-2 Killina SS 1-0.
- Junior Certificate Christmas Exams commence on Tuesday
- 1st year boys football match in Ferbane
- 1st Year Parent Teacher Meeting at 4pm on Thursday 24th.
- AIT Open Day on Friday
- Juvenille Boys Football match on Friday in Clara.
STAND UP WEEK
- Internet Safety Talk for all 1st years, 2nd Years, TY’s, LCA 1 and 5th Years on Tuesday. Parent information evening on Tuesday night at 7.30pm.
- On Wednesday 3A and JCA going to Limerick Prison on a CSPE trip.
- Thursday- 1st year boys football match in Moate.
- On Friday Juvenille Boys football play in Rhode.
- Well done to all those who participated in the Senior Camogie Challenge game: Banagher College v Col Pobail Ros Cré on Monday in Banagher College.
- Well done to Ciarán Craughwell, winner of the Most Realistic Crannóg in the 1A History Class. Also Hannah Cormican, winner of the Most Historically Correct Crannóg and Lauren Davis, winner of the Most Original Crannóg.
- Top Oil Leinster Senior B Hurling Round 1: Banagher College v Col Mhuire Mullingar in Mullingar on Monday 14th at 12 noon. Result : Banagher College 5-12 Col Mhuire Mullingar 0-1 . Well done boys. Tús maith.
- Congratulations to all students who won John Paul II Awards. Students were presented with their awards last weekend in St. Mel’s Cathedral in Longford.
7- 13 November
- Senior Hurling match against Mullingar on Monday.
- The School Library was officially launched on Thursday. Ms. McDowall is joined by Offaly county librarians for the launch. Well done to all involved.
- Well done to past pupil Mark Boylan writing in UL newspaper about past pupil Ronan Hughes’s part in St Rynaghs’s County Final victory. Click here to read more
- Leinster Senior A Camogie team played Birr Community School on Monday. Full time score Birr CS 4-23: Banagher College 0-8.
- Our 3C Class went on a trip to Baldonnell Aerodrome on Monday as part of their CSPE Course.
- Senior Hurlers played St. Brigade in Loughrea in a Senior Hurling challenge on Monday afternoon.
- Congratulations to past pupil Oisín Kelly who played with the Irish U-21 Shinty team in Inverness at the weekend.
- Bank of Ireland are currently recruiting TY students to work in The School Bank Branch.
- On Tuesday 25th October, leaving certificate higher level Irish students on a trip to Galway to the Taibhdhearc Theatre to watch “An Triail”.
- First year groups 1C and 1D gone on a Cáirde outing to Portloaise- Bowling on Tuesday. Groups 1A and 1B going on Wednesday.
- 3B CSPE trip to Limerick Prison on Tuesday.
- Our annual Awards Ceremony took place this Friday afternoon at 2pm. Some pictures of award winners:
Banagher College Careers Department wishes to say a huge thanks to everybody who came and made our night a great success on Wednesday night.
- A group of LC1 students were helping out at an Irish Cancer Awareness Coffee Morning in Corrigan’s Bar and Lounge in Banagher on Friday morning.
- Our TY students completed a workshop on Friday with SOAR, the Youth Empowerment Group who promote Positive Mental Health.
- Our LCA Students went to the ISPCA Centre in Longford on Thursday and then on to Glassan for a trek.
- Senior D Ladies Football: FULL TIME Banagher College (3-9)Grennan College (4-11)
- Our Senior Art students are visiting the National Gallery and Art Museums in Dublin on Thursday.
- Our First Year Boys are heading to Clara on Thursday at 10.35 for a Gaelic Football Blitz.
- Careers Fair- Wednesday 19th. Click here
- TY participated in an Enterprise Workshop on Monday afternoon.
- UL, Mary I, LIT Open day.
- TY- TY MoJo Team (@BCCNSmojo) report from this year’s Co. Sports @ Tullamore Harriers 2016 (Part 2/2) Click here to see video
- TY MoJo Team (@BCCNSmojo) report from this year’s Co. Sports @ Tullamore Harriers 2016 (Part 1/2) Click here to see video
- Well done to past pupil of last year,Oisín Kelly, who was named on the Irish U-21 Shinty team to play Scotland in Inverness next Sat 11.50am.
- Pictured are our Senior Camogie team which played Pres Kilkenny in the Leinster Senior A Championship on Tuesday.
10 – 16 October
- 2nd Year Tour- Click here to see photos from Barcelona
- Our U-15½ Seven-a-Side camogie team went to Castlecomer for the Leinster Jun B Sevens, v Castlecomer CS, Borris V.S. & Pres Wexford on Thursday.
- Our Junior Golfers went to Kilkenny with Mr Shanahan to play in the Leinster Juniors on Monday.
- Our Junior Camogie team played their second game of the year when they faced Mountrath CS at 2pm in Banagher College on Monday. Jun B Camogie: Full time score Banagher College 3-10 Mountrath CS 3-5
- A Cairde outing has been arranged for October 26th for 1C and 1D and on October 27th for 1A and 1B.
- First Year Parents Information Evening An information evening for all First Year Parents will take place this evening at 7-30 pm.
- UCD are holding an Open Evening for anyone interested in Science, Actuarial & Financial Studies or Comp Science on Tue 18th October@ 5.50 pm
- Our TY students viewed The French Film ” Ma Révolution ” in Birr on Monday as part of The Offline Film Festival.
- Five of our teachers are currently doing a one year Post Grad Cert in Teaching and Learning for the 21st Century.
- Our TY Students are in route to Killary Adventure Centre where they will remain until Friday along with four teachers. Click here to see more photos.
- Our First Year Hurlers are going to Palmerstown Kilkenny to play in a First Year Hurling Blitz run by TY Students, on Thursday.
- First year blitz results match 1: Banagher college 1-04 Kilkenny CBS 1-02 (Full time)
- First year blitz match 2: Banagher College 3-04 Coláiste Eoin 1-00 (Full time)
- First year blitz match 3: Banagher College 3-04 Coláiste Eoin “B” 2-02 (Full time)
- First year blitz match 4: Banagher College 2-07 Kilkenny CBS “B” 0-00 (Full time)
- First year team photo today in Dicksboro Gaa Club.
3 – 9 October
- Road Safety Week- As part of National Road Safety Week every student was given a high-vis vest from RSAIreland today. Thanks to Ms. Cushen and the TYs.
- Junior Cycle CPD for teachers on Monday 3rd October.
- 2nd year tour to Barcelona, leaving on Tuesday night and returning Saturday night. A great trip planned!
- TY First Aid course on Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday.
- School Mass for the start of the academic year on Tuesday at 11.45am.
- TY trip to Moate Comedy Show on Thursday.
- LC1 Visit In from a representitive from St. Vincent De Paul on Friday at 10.35 am.
- Junior hurling match against Tullamore in Banagher at 1.15pm. Result 4-18 to 5-14 to Banagher.
26 September-2 October
- Well done to everybody who participated at County Sports on Thursday. See the Gallery for more photographs.
- Study skills seminar for all leaving and junior certificate students on Friday.
- Junior hurling against Mullingar on Tuesday
- Junior Camogie against Castlecomer on Tuesday
19- 25 September
- Top Oil Leinster,Junior B Hurling Result Banagher College 4-15 Naas CBS 4-11 .(Two late goals by Nathan Earner).Well done lads.Tús maith.
- 5 of our Senior Students headed off to Lourdes yest to help out with the Pilgrims,including,Deirdre,Kaleum & Sinéad.
- Cycle Against Suicide Ambassador School Awards. Jim Breen CAS & Niall Muldoon Children’s Ombudsman.
- Congratulations to all students who received their Junior Certificate Results on Wednesday.
- We are very grateful to Elma Walsh,mother of Donal Walsh R.I.P.,for visiting our school yesterday.
- Friday 16th: LC1 SOAR talk from 10.00 – 11.30.
- First Year boys football blitz in Moate.
- On Thursday 15th 5 students will go to Lourdes as helpers. We wish them the best of luck. Students involved are Deirdre Carroll, Kate Broderick, Ronan Butler, Kaelum Meany and Sinead Flannery.
- TY induction morning on Monday 5th.
- Our 75 TY students had their induction day on Tuesday in Bay Sports Athlone.
- Our Junior Hurlers played Birr CS in a challenge match on wednesday.
- Our brave 6th Yr Geography students and their dedicated teachers are on a Field Trip to The Burren Co Clare on friday.
29th August- 4th September
Warm welcome back to all students and staff.