- The TY JP2 candidates presented Christmas then and now, in St Rynaghs Church on Wednesday, a night of prayer, interviews, reflection and song followed by a re-enactment of the nativity. Well done to all involved.
- Third Year Parent Teacher Meeting on Wednesday December 5th : 4.00pm until 6.30pm.
- Some LCA2 students are organising a Bake Sale on Wednesday 5th and again on Thursday 6th at Break and Lunchtime in aid of Autism Awareness.
- With all the roles appropriated, it’s all systems go for this year’s Pantomime “Little Red Riding Hood”. Remember the dates- Wed 12th and Thur 13th at 8 pm.
- Banagher College School Digital Champion Team were in Thomond Park Conference Centre on Tuesday for specialised training to help them develop their Immersive Experience virtual reality project as part of the
- Congratulations to TY Student Isobel Dempsey, who made her debut on the Catwalk on Wednesday night at a Fashion Show in The Bridge House Tullamore. Well done Isobel.
- Thanks to the Student Council, our first and second years enjoyed a pre- christmas treat today when they attended the legendary Christmas Movie”Home Alone” in the Banagher College Savoy.
- Aidan Byrne artist from Belmont Mill in conjunction with Creative Engagement NAPD was working with our LCA classes on our mosaic project on Wednesday.
- On Wednesday a group of TY’s ran a Big Bike Raffle. Funds raised are going towards some of our Green Schools projects and charity.
- Banagher College played in the Leinster B Senior Hurling championship. Final result: Banagher College 0:20(20) Naas CBS 2:15(21)
- Top Oil Leinster Senior B Hurling Championship Result: Banagher College 0:17 (17), Coláiste Mhuire Mullingar 2:17 (23). Hard luck. Next game against Naas CBS on Tuesday November 27th at home is now a knockout game.
- Banagher College hosted a very informative talk by Dr Maureen Griffin on Internet safety, social media and the difficulties and challenges faced by teenagers in todays’ world. Thanks to all parents who attended. More information can be found on Dr. Griffin’s website www.mgmstraining.ie
- A taster of the mojo magic that Glen B Mulcahy brought to our EdMojo1 workshop in Banagher College on Tuesday. Students learned so much over the day – ready now to bring our cluster project to fruition along with CBS Mullingar, Coláiste Chiarain, Coláiste Choilm and Athlone Education EC. See the work in progress here
- Banagher College LCA student Mollie Yates today met Adam Harris at a superb event organised by Ms Earner and the TY class in Ardscoil Chiarán Naofa, Clara. Adam Harris was inspirational.
- After their 4-0 away victory against Clara, Banagher College’s U-15 soccer team will play Mercy Ballymahon next on Wednesday 28th November in the second of their four group games in the West Leinster League.
- Congratulations to our TY Quiz team who participated in the ‘Battle of the Wits’ County Final. Well done on a strong performance but unlucky on this occasion.
- Our 3C CSPE Class are travelled to the Irish Aid Centre in Clonmel Street in Dublin as part of their CSPE course on Monday 19th November.
- On Friday our LC1 Link Modules students were given a presentation from Laois Offaly ETB on Apprenticeships available to them through Solas.
- First Year Schools Camogie Blitz on Wed 14th at St Rynaghs Pitch starting at 10.30am. 15 teams from 9 schools are participating.
- Kevin and Megan from Soar facilitated a powerful workshop on empowering our TY’s to find their voice on Tuesday.
- Garda Grace Heffernan delivered a talk on drugs to our LCA classes on Tuesday as part of a project for one of the studends. Well done Ben for organising this event.
- Top Oil North Leinster Junior B Hurling Semi Finaltook place in Banagher College v Coláiste Mhuire Mullingar in Banagher College at 1.30pm on Tuesday November 13th. Final score: BCCNS 3:13(22) Mullingar CBS 3:16(25)
- Our LCA 1 and LCA2 students went on a farm visit on and ecology outing to Kinnity on Wednesday.
- 30 of our TY’s took part in ITLG Young Innovators – a one day innovation challenge event today in Shannon Airport. They were given an inspiration talk by some of the all Ireland winning Limerick hurling team.
- Banagher College observes Stand Up Awareness Week. We are reminded to be respectful and kind to everybody that we are in contact with, in person or online.
- Maths Revision Courses (Higher/Ordinary). Leaving Cert. Maths Revision Courses (Higher/Ordinary) now enrolling. Completed application forms to be returned to the office ASAP.
- Our TY’s will hold a BAKE SALE on Friday Nov 16th at lunch break in aid of The Kurdish Womens’ Refugee Centre in Calais.
- Irish Wheelchair Association Angels on sale at lunch break in Banagher College this week.
Internet Safety Talk on Tues 20th at 7.30pm in Banagher College given by Dr. Maureen Griffin, Forensic Psychologist. We urge all parents to recognise the challenges facing young people with regard to use of the internet, social media etc. Dr. Griffin will explain the most recent trends and up to date information. This will be a very informative talk and we hope all parents will attend.
- TY students are on work experience this week.
- Pre Mock Exam’s taking place for 3rd years this week.
- C.A.O. Parents Information Evening at 7.30pm.
- JCSP Art trip to Lough Gur- See photo’s here
- Credit Union Art Poster Competition 2018
14 – 17 year category: 1st prize: Caoimhe Kelly; 2nd prize: Bonnie Stevenson.18 years + category: 1st prize: Leah Mullen; 2nd prize: Karen Hiney.Congratulations to all.
To mark the occasion of Holocaust survivor Tomi Reichental’s visit to the school, talented Leaving Cert student Jacob Noyce wrote and performed a song for him. Watch here: “Tomi’s Eyes” by Jacob Noyce.
- As part of their Edmojo project (Mobile Journalism), the Mojo team have produced a series of videos of Holocaust Survivor Tomi Reichental, from his memorable visit to the school recently to speak to the students about his incredible life. Watch here: https://youtu.be/cC2UgLeShYg
- Well done to our TYs, especially Siobhán, Aoife & Daniel who raised 570 euro, by holding their Bazaar yesterday .The money will be used towards providing a speaker for the School Radio at the Junior End of the school. Comhghairdeas libh go léir. See photo gallery
- Our 1st years went on their Cáirde outing on Tuesday for 1A and 1B with their leaders and 1C and 1D went on Wednesday with their leaders. See gallery
- Some photos from our JP2 Awards presentation in St Mel’s Cathedral Longford with Bishop Francis Duffy.
- Best wishes to Our Leaving Certs and TY’s who are visiting UL, Limerick IT and Mary Immaculate College today Thursday 18th.
- Leaving Certs Evan, Eoin & James all completed their Theory Tests during TY and, having passed their Driving Tests, all now drive to school!
- Ms Corley is attending the Seminar for European Parliament Ambassador School’s Teachers in the European Parliament, Brussels. See Gallery
- A Silver medal for LC1 Student Sinainn Glynn in the European Junior Boxing Championships in Russia. What a brilliant achievement! Heartiest Congratulations Sinainn, we are all so very proud of you. Semi Final Results
- Banagher College Students presented with LOETB Academic Excellence Awards tonight. Comhghairdeas libh agus Maith sibh. See Gallery.
- Banagher College had 2 teams representing BCCNS at the Credit Union Quiz in ArdScoil Chiarán Clara. Well done to all who participated. Click here to see Gallery.
- TY@BCCNSmojo News Crew students have produced their first weekly news update. Click here to view.
Our TY students enjoyed a German movie, “Mountain Miracle”, at the Offline Film Festival in Birr.
- Rang Ms McNerney. Leaving Cert Irish Students attended “An Triail” in The Taibhdhearc Theatre in Galway.
One of our LCA2 students is doing a project on Animals Rights and is collecting food to bring to an Animal Shelter later in the month. There will be a donation box outside Ms. Hassett’s Science Room if anyone would like to bring in an item of animal food. Thank You
- Our Leaving Cert Higher Level Irish Students are travelling to Galway to view a stage version of the L Cert play “An Triail”
- Lisa Doody from University of Limerick spoke to our Leaving Certs this morning.
- Bon Voyage to our 70 Second Year Students and Seven dedicated teachers who are heading off on the school tour to Barcelona tonight. Enjoy!!! Click here to see pictures of the tour.
- Geography: Our LC2 Geography Class trip to the Burren. See Photos here
- School Mass: The Flags of the Twenty Nationalities represented in our school community were presented at our School Mass in St Rynagh’s Church Banagher.
- All the L Cert Physics Students went to the Birr Arts & Theatre Centre for a talk given by Dr Geraint Morgan from the Open University UK. The Talk was mainly on Space Research and Offshoot Industries.
- Our LC2 Ag Science Class are visiting Richard Fryday’s Pig Farm today followed by an ecological visit to Ms Hassett’s Farm in Kinnitty. Later they will visit a Robotic Milking Parlour in Mannion’s of Rath.
- Our TYs are attended an open day in NUIG
- Top Oil North Leinster Junior Hurling Round 2 Result: Banagher College 3:10(19) Coláiste Mhuire Mullingar 2:13(19) Well done lads . Next game is at home v Coláiste Choilm Tullamore.
- This week is Road Safety Week. This year our theme is # Keep on moving, # go with the flow.
- Transition Years have decided to highlight the use of junction boxes and keeping left on the road.
A Quiz was held for first years on Thursday morning.
- Holocaust Talk: Sincere thanks to Ms. Brennan, Ms. Weir and Ms. Mc Daid for all their efforts on organising the Holocaust talk by Toni Reichental yesterday, extremely informative and thought provoking. Very well done to our senior student cohort for their excellent attentiveness and participation.
- County Sports: Congratulations to all the athletes who represented the school yesterday at the County Sports in the Harriers Tullamore also Mr Lonergan, Ms Kilkenny and everybody that assisted, students plus teachers. Special word of congratulations to the Intermediate team on winning their category. Well done to all.
- Learning & Study Skills- Super Generation for 6th Years on Monday 24th September and Tuesday 25th for 3rd years.
- TY First Aid Programme- 17th and 24th September. Red Cross Certs will be awarded upon completion.
- Congratulations to all our students receiving their exam results today.
- LC1s Thomas Daly & Brendan Brogan receiving our 3rd Cycle against Suicide Ambassador Schools Award in Kings Inns today from Dr Harry Barry.
- Thanks to Coláiste Phobail Ros Cré for two Camogie Challenge games today at Senior and Junior Level.
- Teachers in Banagher College all set to roll out the
#GAAFutureLeader TY Programme after meeting with our tutors.
- Our careers department are off to a very busy start for the year. Leaving cert students have received our newsletter detailing what we do, important dates and useful websites for career research. This is definitely one to stick on the fridge!
- Our TYs went to Bay Sports Athlone for a Team Building Day.
- Our 3B CSPE students went on a tour to Ardnacrusha Hydroelectricity plant and Templederry Community Wind Farm today.
Our New First Years enjoyed the Cairde Table Quiz organised by their Cairde Teachers and LC1 Cairde students on their first day in Secondary School. Well done to the winners. Comhghairdeas libh.
School Re-Opening Dates 2018/2019
Monday 27th August: 1st Years Induction Day
Tuesday 28th August: Leaving Cert 2, LCA 2, Junior Certs & JCA 3 return
Wednesday 29th August: LC1, LCA1, 2nd Yrs & JCA 2 return
Monday 3rd September: TY Students return
Top Oil North Leinster Juvenile B Semi Final Result :Mountrath CS 1-22 Banagher College 2-8. Hard luck lads.
Our TYs will spent the day in Athlone in the Culinary Arts Dept in AIT. They cooked in all four AIT Kitchens with AIT Chefs. A guided tour of the AIT Campus followed in the afternoon.
Minor Camogie Leinster B Semi Final: Banagher College v Coláiste Mhuire Johnstown Co Kilkenny in Banagher College at 1.15pm. Full time score- Banagher College : 4-9(21) Coláiste Mhuire Johnstown : 1-5(8)
Boxing: Best of luck to our three students, Labhaoise Glynn , Sinainn Glynn and Clodagh O’Meara who have all qualified to compete in the All Ireland Finals in their respective weight divisions.
Congratulations to Labhaoise Glynn Lusmagh on winning the Schoolgirls Cadets National title at the weekend. Labhaoise has now qualified to represent Ireland in Bulgaria in May. A fantastic achievement , well done.
Well done to TY Student Chloe Reilly who played with Galway in the All Ireland Minor A Camogie Final on Sat 28th v Cork in Nenagh.
Banagher College hosted the Offaly County Fleadh Cheoil this weekend. Well done to all who took part.
Our TYs heard Operation Transformation’s Karl Henry speaking about the importance of being active every day at today’s Healthfest in Dublin. They also heard 2FM’s Eoghan McDermott speaking about maintaining positive mental health.
First Year Boys Football Lge Semi Final in Ashbourne, Result : Banagher College 3-5. De Lacey College Ashbourne 5-6 Hard luck boys.
JCA Horticulture class received their certificate of participation in the SEAI one good idea competition.
Hard luck to our U-14 Ladies Footballers who lost out in the Leinster Blitz in Portlaoise today.
Our 3C Class are visited Kilmainham Gaol today as part of their CSPE Course.
Well done to our U-14 Ladies Footballers who bt Our Lady’s Bower 3-3 to 0-1 in Kinnegad & qualified for next Blitz on Tuesday April 24th.
Banagher College Juvenile Hurling team played Heywood CS in the North Leinster B Quarter Final in Banagher College.
Our TY students enjoyed a fantastic trip to Italy visiting Lake Garda, Venice, Verona, taking in all the sights.
Congrats to Mollie, Karen, Rita & Shauna who represented the LCA classes at the regional semi final of Ecounesco young environmental awards.
Congrats to past pupil, Mark Boylan, on being nominated for ‘Sports Writer of the Year’ at the 2018 National Student Media Awards for his work with the Racing Post. Best of luck to Mark at the Aviva Stadium representing the University of Limerick.
Past Pupil Michaela Keenaghan perfored at the Darkness Into Light Midlands Region 2018 launch night in Banagher College last night.
Galway All Ireland Senior Hurling Medal winner Conor Cooney addressed our pupils at today’s Bank of Ireland School Bank Launch.
Our LC1 Ag Science Class went on an Educational Trip to Gurteen Agricultural College today.
STEP UP FOR DOWN SYNDROME: Well done to all who participated on and helped to organize the awareness raising walk walk to raise funds for Offaly Down Syndrome yesterday. A special word of thanks to Gráinne and Ella for all their efforts to promote a very worthy cause.
Our EPAS Junior Ambassadors ran a very successful Table Quiz on Wednesday. # EPAS Ireland
16th March: SEAI- One Good Idea – Competition
The JCA horticulture class of Banagher College Coláiste na Sionna have progressed to Stage Two of the One Good Idea competition. It’s now time to launch our campaign. When people are buying fresh fruit and vegetables we want them to – STOP! THINK S.O.S.
Seachtain na Gaeilge
Mar chuid de Sheachtain na Gaeilge, chuir ár ndaltaí taispeántas rince ar siúl sa cheaintín inniu. Maith sibh!
Ms McNerney’s 2nd years enjoyed some Céilí dancing today mar chuid de Sheachtain na Gaeilge.
Winners of 1st year SnG poster competition were Maja, Megan and Paulina. Charlize de Jäger and Nicole Loughnane were winners of the 2nd year Poster competition for SnG.
2A Geog completed their Urban Functions of Banagher Task on March 16th.
Badminton: Some of our students competed in the U-14 Leinster Badminton Championships today.
Bank of Ireland Representatives spoke to 1st and 2nd year students about Banking this morning.
JCA2 and JCA3 presented their Food Miles Project to St Rynaghs Second Class today. Thanks to the 2nd class who played our games, planted seeds, read our poem and coloured our worksheet.
Microsoft Office Specialist: Well done to TY students receiving their Microsoft Office Specialist Certs in PowerPoint
1st Yr Leinster Gaelic Football League Result: Banagher College 11-5 Ardscoil Phádraig Granard 1-6. Well done boys.
2nd years about to enjoy some French croissants, pains au chocolat and brioche !
Our TY European Ambassadors presenting a PowerPoint to the second years about EPAS (European Parliament Ambassadors School Program).
Well done to our Minor Camogie Team who scored their second win in the Leinster Minor B Championship today. Next game v Castlecomer CS away.
Minor Camogie Leinster Championship: Banagher College played Coláiste Mhuire Johnstown in Banagher on Monday 26th February. Full time score Banagher College 6-03, Coláiste Mhuire Johnstown 3-00.
U14 Ladies Football: Banagher College played Fallen CS Forbade in a challenge game on 23 February.
We recommend that students check out studyclix.ie . We have negotiated a reduced sign on fee for any student interested.
6th Year HEAR & DEAR Applicants: DARE: Section A must be completed by March 1st 2018. HEAR: Complete all elements of the online HEAR application form by March 1. CAO sent an e-mail to all applicants on FEB 13th with some important information and reminders. Please check e-mails.
U17 Soccer West Leinster Final: Banagher College played Ard Scoil Chiaráin Naofa, Clara on 22 February. Final score Ard Scoil Chiaráin Naofa 2-1 Banagher College. On the 8th February they played Strokestown, winning 5-1.
Juvenile Badminton Championships: On the 22nd February some of players participated in the tournament that took place in Banagher College.
Juvenile Hurling: Banagher College played Mullingar CBS in the North Leinster B Championship on 21 February. Score Banagher College 2-7, Mullingar CBS 2-10.
Camogie: Congratulations to Louise Manion who is joint Offaly Minor captain 2018. She has already captained Banagher College to win both the Junior C and the Junior B Colleges Leinster Finals.
#SchoolsGoOrange @CAS: Banagher College goes Orange today. Our TY’s headed off on a brisk nature walk this morning. Thanks to SuperValu Banagher for sponsoring oranges that were handed out to students after their nature walk today. All classes watched a school made video in roll call this morning to raise awareness about Schools Go Orange Day.
1st Year Hurling: Our students played a challenge game against St. Raphael Loughrea on 5th Feb in Banagher.
Bank of Ireland will be opening their bank in Ms. Hardiman’s Room every Thursday for students who wish to open a new bank account or for students who wish to lodge money to an existing Bank of Ireland Account.
Top Oil Leinster PP School SH “B” Rest of Leinster Semi Final today. Venue was Jenkintown, Co. Kilkenny against St. Mary’s CBS Enniscorthy. Full time score Banagher College: 1-05, St. Mary’s Enniscorthy 0-13. Hard luck Banagher! Thanks very much to Mr. Jordan and Mr. Whelan for their work during the year.
Thanks very much to St. Raphael Loughrea for travelling over for a very useful Juvenile Hurling Challenge this morning.
Banagher College was named as the most improved school in the country over the past nine years in a school league table article published by the Sunday Independent.
— CormacBourke (@cormacbourke) January 27, 2018
CAO: Closing Date for CAO Applications is 5.15pm sharp on Thursday Feb 1st. The cost is now €45 if you have not yet opened your account. If any advice is needed please contact your Guidance Counsellor.
Student Council: The student council have been very active getting suggestions from students for school changes. New benches have been placed in various areas of the school including around the science classrooms. The Banagher College Radio was launched on Friday 26th January playing a variety of music around the school over the course of break and lunch.
The Junior Footballers participated in a Blitz in St. Lomans, Mullingar with their coaches Mr. Boyle and Mr. Shanahan.
Some students participating on our German Exchange, travelled to the beautiful Alps and town of Füssen in southern Germany.
A great trip was had by all.
The nationalities of our students and teachers survey is now on display on our EU Infopoint Noticeboard. Go check it out!
LC1 Student Muireann Nolan introduced Trinity Musical Society live onstage in the 3 Arena for the Cycle Against Suicide Congress today.
Congratulations to Andrea Tesarova on 2nd place in the 18+ category at the National Credit Union Finals with her fabulous drawing at the weekend. Andrea will be presented with her prize and a cheque for €400 at a ceremony in Croke Park later in the month.
Our TY’s taking part in the EU Junior Ambassadors Programme put together a new EU Infopoint notice board recently.
Christmas Variety Show: Congrats & well done to all involved with the Christmas Variety Show, staff and students. €720-00 collected on the day for local charities. A special word of thanks & praise to all who performed on stage and contributed to a very nice end of year occasion.
For a Finale all of today’s artistes combined for a smashing rendition of ” Fairytale of New York”.
Thanks very much to Jeremy Pagden (from Schools Websites) for delivering a most important and valuable talk to our students on Cyber Bullying and Internet Safety.
LC1, LC2 and First Years went on an Art Trip to Newgrange.
Our Junior Camogie team played Loreto Kilkenny in Banagher College.
Well done to all The Credit Union Art Award Winners.
Great win today girls, hard earned but great finish. Leinster A Junior Camogie Championship Banagher College: 2-10 St Brendan’s: 4-03
Stand Up Week. Our School Hoisted an LGBT Flag. Stand Up week tackles homophobic and transphobic bullying by increasing awareness, friendship and support for LGBTI students, by other students.
3B CSPE Class visiting the Museum in Casement Aerodrome Baldonnell as part of their CSPE Course.
Our Second Year Home Economics Students were busy today making cakes and buns for tomorrow’s Cake Sale in aid of The Rutland Centre.
Well done to all our TY Students from last year who received their JP2 Awards in Longford last Sunday November 12th with Bishop Francis Duffy.
CONGRATULATIONS TO CREDIT UNION ART COMPETITION WINNERS: Lisa Killeen, Megan Kinsella-Bergin, Ciara Clancy, Lauren Davis, Andrea Tesarova & Olwen Kenny PRIZE GIVING ON FRIDAY 17th NOVEMBER IN THE CRANK HOUSE AT 4pm.
Our Junior Golf Team took part in the Junior Golf Competition in Esker Hills yesterday.
Well done to Kevin, Tara, Corie, Sinéad and Sasha who all travelled to Lourdes this year and worked as assistants to the pilgrims there.
Junior Ladies Football: Our Junior Ladies Football Team will play St Brigid’s College Callan Co Kilkenny at 11.30am this morning in Banagher College in the Leinster D Championship.
First Year Boys Football: Our First Year Boys Football Team will play ArdScoil Chiaráin Clara in The Brother Hubert Cup at 12.45pm today in Banagher College
Our Head Prefects for 2017-2018 are Brenda Wynne, Dáire Kelly, Louise Corcoran and Cillian Troy.
SCIENCE WEEK All 5th years attended. This projection was facilitated by Tina Claffey & Caroline Conway in conjunction with Midland Science
Juvenile Football Result: Banagher College 6-10 Gallen CS 1-6. Well done lads!
Awards Day in Banagher College at 1pm.
Congrats to our students who received LOETB academic awards in the Tullamore Court Hotel, supported by AIB.
To mark, Space Week, our First & Second Years, made many models in Junior Cert Science Class.
Over 30 of our L Certs went to Athlone IT Open Day, on transport provided by Athlone IT. Míle Buíochas.
First video report from this year’s Banagher College TY MoJo team, reporting from the annual County Sports https://youtu.be/3YVw5hhYkmA via
Over 50 of our Leaving Certs headed off to Limerick to attend the Limerick Colleges Open Day. A day to decide many students destiny.
Our TY Students and their four teachers headed off to Killary Adventure Centre on this wet morning, for three days. Click here to see photos.
Kieran Clancy 1A played on our Junior Golf Team in the Leinster Schools in The Heath today.
Best wishes to all our Second Year Pupils and the six teachers who set off tonight on their wonderful trip to Barcelona.
Senior Ladies Football Result: St Brigids College Callan 3-8 Banagher College 2-6. Hard luck girls.
Senior Hurling Challenge full time score -Banagher College: 6-22(40) St Raphaels Loughrea: 2-19(25) Referee:Simon Whelehan (Birr).
06 October: County Sports Competition in Tullamore.
Road Safety Week in Banagher College. They devised a message for each day:
Monday’s Message: “Going too fast, you won’t last”.
Tuesday’s Message: Under the influence, Under Arrest (Drink or Drugs)
Wednesday’s message: “Dont drink and drive, stay alive”
Thursday’s Message: “Stop the texts, stop the wrecks”.
Friday’s Message: “Loose objects in the car should be in the boot”.
Our “Beginning Of Year” School Mass takes place today Thursday in St Rynagh’s Church at 12pm.
TY’s completed a First Aid course in school today.
3C Class went on their CSPE tour to the Air Corps Base Baldonnel today.
LC2 LCVP trip to Butlers Chocolates in Dublin today.
August/ September 2017
26 September: LCA 1 and LCA 2 had a lovely morning on their Art Trip to Clonmacnoise.
Hard luck to our hurlers in the Leinster Junior Hurling B Championship against Mullingar CBS. Final score: Banagher College 3-12 Mullingar CBS 2-17.
25 September: LC1 and LC2 Art trip to the Hunt Museum & the Jack B Yeats & Paul Henry Art Exhibition. A very interesting trip for History of Art Exams.
This is the start of kindness week.
Thought for Monday: “One kind word can change someone’s entire day”
Thought for Tuesday: “Be kind because you never know how much the person beside you is suffering.”
Thought for Wednesday: “No act of kindness however small is ever wasted.”
Thought for Thursday: “A little more kindness, a little less judgement.”
Thought for Friday: “Leave a little kindness wherever you go.”
25 September: Well done to LC2 students Tara Kennedy,Corie Killeen, Sasha Connolly & Luke Hein who have just returned from a week in Lourdes as Assistants with Oblate Pilgrimage.
22 September: Hard luck to our Junior Hurlers who played against Naas CBS today.
20 September: JCT- Whole School CPD Day
19 September: National Ploughing Championships
15 September: Hard luck to our Junior Hurling team who were beaten 5-12 to 5-06 by Colaiste Choilm in Tullamore.
14 September: LC Agricultural Science students visited Tim Mannions farm. There they saw Lely Robots in action milking the cows. The students also did some ecology practicals at Ms. Hassetts farm.
Welcome to our German Teachers and Students from Bavaria joining us for a week as part of an exchange programme. They will take part in classes and go on some trips. The Cliffs of Moher and Galway City will be visited tomorrow.
13 September: Congratulations to Ms. Gleeson and her Cycle against Suicide team on achieving Cycle Against Suicide Ambassador School Status for 2017. Well done to Becky and Daniel for representing the group at the Royal Hospital Kilmainham and congratulations to Muireann on being selected as a leader. Minister of State for European Affairs, Helen McEntee was in attendance.
Well done to all students who received their Junior Certificate Results today.
8 September: TY Students had a great bonding day in Bay Sports, Athlone.
Well done to our 1st Year Boys who played the Marist, Athlone in a very good hurling challenge.
28 August: Well done to our 1st year tutors and our Cairde teachers who organised a most enjoyable table quiz for our new 1st year students.